Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DRUM TO DISK

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PR1, Jun 24, 2003.

1. PR1

PR1 Newbie

NEW GUY HERE- HAVE THE 69 BLAZER IN THE GARAGE REPLACING THE 69 FRONT AXLE WITH 78 BOTH ARE 3.73 MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE DONE THE GM HYDRO BOOST BRAKE CONVERSION AND WAS IT A GOOD MATCH? I ALREADY DISCOVERED THE METRIC TO SAE ISSUES WITH THE POWER STEERING OR SHOULD I GO WITH THE 78 PROPORTIONAL VALVE AND POWER BRAKE BOOSTER TURNS OUT 78 AXLES ARE ABOUT 2 INCHES LONGER THAN THE 69 THICKER TOO.

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Cap's Lock's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the '78 might be a Corporate front axle? If it is you are still OK. Everything you need will bolt up. You only need the outer axles for the disc conversion. The inner axles on a Corp. axle are different but the outer axles are the same. I would get a 71-72 prop valve, they are on vans also. Chevyduty has them for $50 I think. You can buy brake lines form In-Line Tube, just tell them you need the front lines and booster to prop valve lines for a '71. You can get longer, steel braided hoses from Skyjacker for less than the stock ones at the autopart store. Email me and I'll send you an article I wrote on the subject.

Brianp@kyocera-wireless.com

4. PR1

PR1 Newbie

thanks , email on the fly

5. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

the corporate front axle has 2 small "ears" on the bottom of the diff that make it stand out from the danas. i had a similar problem myself.