Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drummers, How Warm Is Your Jammin' Room?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Inu-Hanyou1776, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Take a look at this:

[​IMG]

This is my brother during a recent jam session we had. Notice the kerosene heater? That's the only heat we have in the room where my drumkit and his amp are. The heater's been getting a lot of use lately, but fortunately at the time this pic was taken, it was warm enough in there that we didn't need it (notice no glow from the window of it, meaning's it's off).

So, what kind of heating do you other drummers have so you can play this winter without freezing to death?

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

My kit's usually in the house. Big temperature changes are bad for the shells and drum heads. When I had my old kit and didn't care, I used a kerosene heater in my buddy's garage.

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

What am I gonna do then? Leave that heater running all the time? There's a 240V electric heater down there too I can plug in to help keep the room warm, but the landlord wouldn't be too crazy about it because that'd drive up the electricity bill. That non-climate controlled room is the only place I've got to keep them.

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Don't worry too much, my old Percussion Plus was in the garage for 5 years and didn't have any major problems. If you had a $2,000 dollar Tama Starclassic...I'd be worried, but these other kits are more durable to that kind of thing.

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Well then, I guess I won't be upgrading my entire drumset that soon then to one with thin shells, even if I could afford it. My set's a 1999 or 2000 (can't remember) Pearl Forum set, and it's held up real good to not being in a climate-controlled environment.