Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drumset update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kick, Nov 18, 2006.

1. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

Just got my 2nd Floor Tom

HPIM2192.JPG

2. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

another shot

HPIM2191.JPG

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

u sure that's another shot? :wink1: what brand? i've got a collarlock kit (the company now goes by pacific drum co...) w/ a craviotto snare from when he was working with DW a few years back. i do the zildjian thing too. i've got the z/k combo hats - they're too harsh. i'd like to try a different set of zildjian hats. i've also got a 16" z crash, which i don't care for too much. i really dig my k dark ride tho - it's really warm with enough ping and nice overtones, and i've got one f those old zildjian custom jazz crashes they had out for a few years - that's a real nice warm crash. :)

4. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

They are A Ludwig Chrome O' Wood set circa 1977-1980. Metal shells covering maple. very nice sound. 16x24, 9x13, 16x16, 16x16. In that picture is a Ludwig Acrolite snare 6.5x14. I have a 8x12 Tom not pictured. I have to get a DW Tom mount for the 8x12 and 9x13.

I've got 6 more sets from a 1958 Set of Ludwigs to a DW 6 piece. Got lots of cymbals Old Zildjians and new K's, Z's and Paiste, Rude, Color sound, also got some Sabians.

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Metal covered maple... those get kind of heavy :(

When I was in high school, I played on the marching band's drumline. Those maple drums were the type we marched with. Try doing a 3-4 hour parade with a 36" bass made of that strapped to ya.... ouch.

6. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

A 36 geez sounds like hernia time.