Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drunk drivers....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChickenRammit, Aug 21, 2006.

1. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

a drunk driver decided to do this to my trailer over the weekend. i guess its my fault for not parking on the sidewalk. according to the driver, he only had three beers. i wish 3 beers had that strong of an effect on me. he tried to start his car and drive off, but it didn't want to start for some reason, so he grabbed his case of beer and walked off and just left the car for me to deal with. cops came about 4 hours later and had it towed off. didn't hurt my trailer or truck one bit fortunately. thats the spot i usally park my k5 in, but i just happened to move that the night before. if he had hit my k5, i'm pretty sure i would've hurt that guy pretty bad.

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  2. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

what a dumbass, glad it didnt hurt your stuff

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Your rear bumper does look tweaked.

4. ChickenRammit

just an optical

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Figured, but wasn't sure. I would still check the rear of your frame rails. Also if your truck is an auto I would be worried about the parking pin.

6. ChickenRammit

yeah, i looked at the frame real close where the hitch is mounted, looked like the hitch had moved forward about an 1/8th of an inch, basically the amount of play that is in the holes, and i towed a toyota tacoma home on the trailer the very next day. everything seemed to check out. i am just going to keep an eye on the frame near the hitch to see if any cracks start to form.

7. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

check the coupler on the trailer to make sure it wasnt damaged.you would hate to have it come loose with the k5 on it.if he has insurance make them pay to have it checked and replaced.

8. ChickenRammit

yeah, don't think the dude had any insurance, i'm pretty sure he just came to this country like the very same day. he didn't speak any english, and he didn't seem to mind ditching his car.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

oh hell no! you didnt just let him walk away did you? some assbag does that to my ****, there's no way he's walking anywhere. the cops respond alot quicker when you tell them that you've disabled him. :haha:

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like the trailer was not hurt and the drunk driver was, if only by the loss of his ride. All is well.

11. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Just 2 months ago I had a DD slam into the back of my flatbed in front of my house and total it. He was running from the cops at the time so they got him and since he was in his sister's insured car I got reimbursed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks like yours fared a whole lot better than mine.... Was the hitch on your tow rig damaged at all?
    Hope you're able to get everything repaired OK.

12. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

At least there wasn't any damage, none that's popped yet anyways. On the other side, I have a good front clip for that car, and it's already white!

13. ChickenRammit

i was seriously tempted to just keep the car, but i could just see the guy report the car stolen and then all the sudden i'm the criminal. i really wanted to keep his car though. i'm sure someone couldve used the engine and tranny. i wonder where i could've someone interested in such a thing?:whistle: