Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drunk Drivers....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Sep 23, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

One of the worst nights of my life, that could get worse...

Went out to grab a bite to eat and a few beers with friends. Around 10:30 we decide to head out to this party a good distance away before we hit another bar. We are headed down this long windy country road that you can really fly on. I've driven the route many many times in my life. I am doing I'd say about 60 or 65(speed limit 40). Come up on this car thats doing a similar speed. Well the guys and I are bull****ting and whatever. I am watching the road and suddenlly realize the car is like 1/2 mile to a mile ahead of me. The road makes a gentle bend to the right. I see the taillights make a HARD right hand turn, and then it looks like the car is on 2 wheels... I said something and no one else had really seen it, other than to realize the car was basically gone.

So we come up, I see some branches in the road and say "oh this is why they made that wierd move...". One of the guys yells, "oh **** there is the car". Sure enough the car is off the road a good 10 foot and had slammed a tree....

I lock em up and stop, I think a second and realize I HAVE to go back. I throw it in reverse and one of the guys calls 911. We stop and run to the car. Front end is gone. I start hunting for a flashlight in my car. Buddy checks on the guy in the passenger seat and asks him to move his arms and things like that. After the guy does it my friend opens the door and the guy gets out. He walks up to the edge of the road and lays down. Suddenlly another friend is yelling for help. That was the passenger in the car, the driver is lumped down in the driver seat out cold. She wasn't responding to anything, eyes open, twitching...

As soon as I saw her twitch, I called 911 again. I GOT A ****ING BUSY SIGNAL! The twitch wasn't a, trying to move thing, it was more like the involuntary movement of a deer after you just shot it in the heart... She was breathing erratic and moaned a few times, never moved or blinked her open eyes.

My buddy stayed with her until the paramedics showed up. The whole time the passenger is yelling the girls name and complaining about how much pain he is in. Someone asked him how much he had to drink, his respone? A lot.

When the police and paramedics finally showed, they had to jaws of life the drivers door, and then medivaced her to the hospital, or were in the process of doing that when we left. The police said to us numerous times that it really doesn't look good for her, and the one who was running the scene said hes seen a lot of accidents and just looking at it doesn't believe she will make it.

I didn't fully see her to know if I knew her or not, but she looked like a pretty girl. 18-20 I'd say.

The passenger flew forward so hard, he broke his seat belt strap... She wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

How far off the road the car was, how dark the road was, and how fast people move down that road(we almost got hit by a few assholes flying through there as we were trying to get them to slow down), if it weren't for us being there when it happened, I really believe they would have sat there for a while before someone stopped.

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That's a really ****ty deal man, but you guys did the absolute right thing.

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

terrible situation, but kudos for handling it well.

5. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

You did the right thing goin back. No tellin how many people in this world would have just kept on going like they saw nothing...

Ive had my fair share of drinks, but i refuse to drive or ride with someone that has drank...period.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

If she does make it I hope there is a lesson learned in all of it and if she doesn't make it I hope the other 2 will learn from it. It's a sad deal all around.:frown1:

7. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

That sucks!

But I like when you said "I don't know if she will make it". "She was a pretty girl 18-20". I kidda imagine somone standing there saying, I hope she makes it, that's a waste of some nice t*ts.

8. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Hey bear76,
    what part of MD are you from? I'm originally from Baltimore (bal-mer!) One block from the B & O Railroad museum, by Hollands Market.

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Hey bear76,
    what part of MD are you from? I'm originally from Baltimore (bal-mer!) One block from the B & O Railroad museum, by Hollands Market.

10. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

In Mont. Co. about 10 mins. from DC along rt29.

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Wow, that sucks. Good thing for them some decent people like you and your friends were around to help, too few people stop to help nowadays.

It's real easy for me to sit here and call them idiots, but thank God I got lucky. I sure put myself in that same position plenty of times when I was that age.

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Wow, that sucks. Good thing for them there are still decent people like you and your friends that are willing to pull over and help strangers, too few people like that left.

It's real easy to sit here and call them idiots but I can say I sure got lucky not having a disaster back in the day from doing stupid sh*t like that.

13. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Wow, that sucks. Good thing for them there are still decent people like you and your friends that are willing to pull over and help strangers, too few people like that left.

It's real easy to sit here and call them idiots but I can say I sure got lucky not having a disaster back in the day from doing stupid sh*t like that.

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

15. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

17. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

these double posts are killin me. pad IMO

18. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

As opposed to:

"She looked like someone dragged a 250 pound trailer park queen through a pit of needles and slapped a **** crusted tarp on top of her so she could go into public."

:dunno:
    :haha:

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hi guys, welcome to ck5, learn to ****ing pm

she died at the scene, the cops were just too nice to tell us

20. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Sucks doesn't it? Been at more than one race where someone died.