Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drunk dumbass + police chase + my trailer = big crash *PICS*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTMike, Jun 18, 2006.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

At about 1am this morning some drunk dumbass decided the street in front of my house was a good place to run from the cops. We heard the sirens getting louder and louder and then CRASH. The genius slammed into the fender/tire of my 18' flatbed which had my spare & for sale parts sitting on it (crew cab frame, old body of my K10 left over from my CC swap, pickup box) None of it was strapped down because it wasn't going to be moved for a while

The front of the trailer is bent, the tongue is bent, the rear axle was ripped right off the spring, the spring mount is half-way broken off, the LR rim & tire are both toast, the axle is most likely bent, both tail lights are gone, a couple wood planks were damaged, and both fenders are crumpled.
    Suprisingly, the only part of the body that was damaged was the taillight, but the trailer is probably totalled.

I'm just really glad my $36k Dually wansn't parked out there with my K10SWBCC on the trailer :eek1:

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well don't that about suck. Guy have insurance so you can get a new trailer?

3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

more in daylight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Yeah, he has insurance... thank God!

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Years and years ago a friend of the family had his race car on his trailer outside his shop with his one ton work truck parked behind it. This drunk chick hit his truck so hard that it pushed it up past the back of the trailer and into his race car.

They caught her a half mile down the road where she slammed into a telephone poll.

Upon review of the first sentence of this post I have concluded that their are way to many his's. Oh well.

6. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

that sucks man, if that happened to me i wouldent have the slighest clue what i would do, im pretty sure ide prolly be damned angry and get in trouble cause of it

7. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

well sorry man. in my town it is illegal to park just a trailer on the street at all. unless it is fully atached to the tow rig.

ask me how i know. i got the warning in the mail.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Just make sure he doesn't turn around and try to sue. Stupid jerk, I hate drunk drivers. I hope you get enough to cover the loss of the flatbed.

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that was the brand new cab you just bought for your truck, wasnt it? and the bed to match it, right? :D

11. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

sorry to here that man! please tell us he was atleast seriously f"ed up in the crash like he deserved. I hope so anyways.

12. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

He was running from the cops in a 4cyl. Cavalier?! :doah: :rolleyes: :haha: :haha:
    Sorry to hear about your trailer and stuff. Hopefully him or his insurance will cough up some dough to get your stuff fixed or replaced.

13. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

dude get a property claim out of him too. a drink chick hit my 300 dollar dodge van while it was sitting in my driveway. I ended up getting 1500 for the van, and another 1800 for the 10 foot tall maple tree and fubar lawn.( wasnt really that messed up) I think in 2 months the grass had grown back where she messed it up..