Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DRW dana 60 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NorCalKid, Jan 4, 2007.

1. NorCalKid

NorCalKid 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have been looking for a dana 60 for my blazer and those things are hard to find. I found a stock drw 60 in good condition for $750 and was wondering what it would look like if I used wheels with about 4" of backspacing until I could find h1 wheels or SRW hubs? Has anyone done this? I know they are going to stick out but how far? any advice or pictures whould be great
    -Thanks

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well you could always find someone willing to trade your DRW setup for their SRW setup. Someone always looking for something like that. Not too sure what all you would have to trade but that would be the way to go if you want SRW setup.

If you plan on running the DRW with the H1 wheels, then just hold off until installing it until you get the wheels and a rear axle. Just my 02 cents worth.

I am not too sure how it would look. I am sure you could search around in the gallery with something setup on rollers or something.

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I'm going to use DRW front hubs on my D60 so my footprint is wider.

EDIT: SRW D60 is approx. 69-70" hub to hub. Our K5's are 79" wide.

Hope that helps; good luck :D .

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  4. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

STOCK - with a d44 or 10 bolt with 6 lugs is 67.5" up front. With 8 lugs (3/4 ton) it's 69"

SRW D60 - is 69" wms-wms

DRW D60 - is 77" wms-wms

The 4" extra width PER SIDE is due to the DRW HUBS.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  5. NorCalKid

I looked for a little and the only DRW 60 pictures were with h1 wheels. I was hoping to see what they looked like with wheels with about 4" of backspacing but if there isnt going to be any problems with running them DRW instead of SRW I will give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.

6. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

I have an `85 K5. Stock with 6 lug 10bolts 67.5" wms-wms front and 65" wms-wms rear.

Now, I put Pro Comp 1069 rims on with 3-5/8" bs. With TrXus 35x12.50x15's, the front tires just barely stuck out of the fenderwells. I just went to 1 ton- axles and went with 4.75" bs to keep my tires tucked in so they don't smash my fenders; and that's with the SRW D60's 69" wms-wms!

Simple math says sticking a 77" wms-wms up front (8 inches wider!!!), and only 4" bs, and you're looking at the very same 12.5 width tires stickin WAYYYYYYY out.

If you're worried about the local constabulary of course...

7. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    i should have wheels mounted on the axles soon. like in a couple of weeks. but @ 77" wide & 44" boggers at the ends, i'm not too sure how much that will help you. lol. with 0 psi in the tires, i measured the width to be ~96" wide when they were mounted a couple of months ago. you get a wider footprint by lowering air pressure or running wider tire or a combination of both...wider axle nets you a wider track. hope that helps or hope my info is somewhat correct

8. NorCalKid

thanks for the help. I dont really want my tires sticking way out of my fenders the thing is pretty wide as it is. I guess I will start looking for some SRW hubs or keep looking until I find a complete SRW. thanks again

9. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

complete srw hubs from gmpartsdirect.com will run you about $320.00 delivered to your doorstep.

10. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

try www.jrs4x4parts.com last time i was on the site they had 60's and parts. but i haven't been on it in a while.

11. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

not sure about the backspacing. but should be close to what you want. I think this truck belonged to79k20350.

DRW D60.jpg

12. NorCalKid

That thing is really wide. It doesnt even look like the wheels are bolted on. I Dont think DRW is going to fly without H1's.

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION!