Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DRW to SRW conversion... on an Eaton...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jan 3, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thinking the only options are stock h1s flipped around or retube with 14 bolt outers. Thoughts on doing it? There is a C30 Dually, something like a 1970 sitting in a junkyard I usually get things dirt cheap at. Have a good bit of time in the 4 link stuff on my 14 bolt, but redoing it to gain the mild steel center section and save on a gear swap may be worth it.

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

63" isnt wide enough? just run some spacers and if thats not enough if not just run some rims with very little backspacing. Not only what you mentioned but you can shave the hell out of em too. :D

3. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

the srw is 65" wms, and if you can find one, a van eaton is 70".

edit: not sure which kind of hubs the van version uses, but it has different shafts than the srw/drw (just like the 14 bolt)

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thing is, this is the first Eaton I've found in my area. And it just so happens to be at the yard where I get a discount. Hmmm thoughts. I'm sure I won't get it right now but its something to think about.