Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dual alternators

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lasvegas, Aug 4, 2001.

1. lasvegas

lasvegas 1/2 ton status

Was over at a client's business yesterday to see his new limosines and when he showed me the engine, I saw a really cool set up with dual alternators. Instead of them both facing forward, there was a custom bracket which enables one alternator to be mounted backwards (in front of the engine with the pulley facing back towards the engine. This let the two alternator pulley run virtually side by side under the serpintine belt and required no extra room for brackets on the engine. I wondered if such a set up would be good for an off road truck, either for more electrical power or a back up or spare type of thing? If anyone is interested, I can supply the name of the limosine builder. This particular car was a lincoln, but I understand they build other makes as well so maybe they have a bracket available off the shelf.