Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dual amps

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tecton, Jun 26, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i currently have a boss c450 2ch 600w amp.
    i have another on the way.

The performence is impecable.

Ive got 2 10inch subs for my rear, and then a pair of 6x9 3ways and tweeters for the front.

What im wondering is if its possible to wire the left and right side of the truck seperately. Bridge the output to the sub on the left and normal output for the highs. And the same for the left. Giving more power to the subs than if i just wired the subs to amp 1 and the others to amp 2.

LOL...someone just spit out some answers and ill pick, lol

2. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i currently have a boss c450 2ch 600w amp.
    i have another on the way.

The performence is impecable.

Ive got 2 10inch subs for my rear, and then a pair of 6x9 3ways and tweeters for the front.

What im wondering is if its possible to wire the left and right side of the truck seperately. Bridge the output to the sub on the left and normal output for the highs. And the same for the left. Giving more power to the subs than if i just wired the subs to amp 1 and the others to amp 2.

LOL...someone just spit out some answers and ill pick, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif huh.....

how about- use a pre amp crossover and wire amp one off the high pass side for the 6x9 and tweets and wire amp two off the low pass side for the subs. trimoding most amps is a bad thing, especially when it is unnecessary as it is in your situation.

want more? what are the subs running for ohms and to what level is the amp stable? do you want to enjoy your music or just blow up speakers and piss people off? how are the subs boxed?

3. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

not 2 ohm stable
    i run them at 4
    My Subs
    so just use amp 1 for high and amp 2 for lows?

4. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

You probably do not want to run a full range speaker and a sub off of the same amp to get good sound, especially 2 channel amps. You would have to play all of the speakers from one amp on the same frequencies without a crossover. Use one amp for highs and use one amp for lows. Tried and true and will sound the best.

5. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

Most amps have crossover signals inbetween the two stero channels so as others have stated you would be getting less then optimal sound out of a singal amp trying to work across the entire frequency range. i would also suggest running a mid anywhere you place a tweet becasue it will sound high pitched toyou in the front with out the midbass. unless your using a large softdome tweeter that covers a lager frequency range.
    king