Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual Antenna

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by SS66, Jun 25, 2003.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I know that duals on Blazers dont transmit better than one antenna, but I was wondering... do they receive better?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Doubtfully. I've been messing with radios for meny years, and I can honestly say, nothing has out preformed a 102" Stainless Steel whip for bot receive and transmit.

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Overall, no they will not receive better. They will receive better in certain directions though. The problem is the pattern will be very erratic, with high gain areas and very low gain areas with a total average gain lower than a comparable single antenna.

Oh and to z3pr, I have seen an antenna outperform a 102" SS whip. A 5/8's wave antenna. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Doesn't everyone want to have a 22+ ft antenna on thier car? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys... I guess I will just do the ole' one working antenna, and one cosmetic antenna. It sucks being the type of person that likes things to be even.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and to z3pr, I have seen an antenna outperform a 102" SS whip. A 5/8's wave antenna. Doesn't everyone want to have a 22+ ft antenna on thier car?

[/ QUOTE ] Well, you got me there. I was kinda talking about the normal mobile antenna's you see on K5's. But talking about 5/8 wave, I kinda like my .64 wave base antenna. For a omni directional, my IMAX-2000 is hard too beat. Puts the Antron 99 to shame. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif