Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dual batteries

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dmeyer, Mar 10, 2002.

1. dmeyer

dmeyer Registered Member

After searching for all the info on setting up a dual battery system I am continually curious on why people just don't attach the negative to a ground and the positive to the positive of the other battery. Why do people need extra switches, isolater, and solenoids and stuff? On my dads dump truck, we ran them this way the whole year because we plow in the winter, nothing bad ever happened. It would be much cheaper to run dual batteries this way too. If I am missing something let me know, I am just curious.
    Later

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well the best reason to use a isolater or solenoid realy is you can seperate you batterys so if one goes dead the other will not if you ran a realy you flip a switch and jump start your self. The way you did it in the past both of your batterys would most likely be dead.
    http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/wranglerdb/ This post mite help you out
    hope this helps you some what.

Eric

3. That is the write-up I did when I installed the Wrangler NW dual battery set-up in my 2000 Z71. It is an awesome set-up and worth every penny. Very professionally built with high quality workmanship. I just traded in my my Z71 for a 02 Avalanche and I am gonna install the same set-up in it.