Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual battery tray, electric fans, and other mods

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Apr 16, 2002.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Posted a lot of new pics of other mods done to truck over last couple of months. Hydro (still working on mounting point at diff cover - kept breaking the mount on diff housing). Frame repair weld in kit, seats, power mirrors (ford, but they work good), dual electric fans (done due to mulitple coolers), dual batteries, and custom tray to hold them and ignition box, rear brake line mount to truss, and so on stuff. So much done, so much to do. Bumpers, sliders, dash, door panels, roll cage, it never ends. LOL. Don't know how to make it clicky, but http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Schimdt4?&page=2. Wife wonders when it will ever end?

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif So you going to bring it up in August to play with us? Should be fun.

3. TheGeneral

Wayne,
    Was just up there near you on a military trip to Gettysburg. Stayed at the Best Western in Waynesboro. Nice little town. I will try to make it up in Aug, depends on training status. If I come, I'll try and get Sapper to come too.

4. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

Hey. What's the deal on those Ford Ranger seats you used? How hard to install yadda yadda yadda???

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey man yall should come up...i wanna see the general in action...

Later

6. TheGeneral

Not bad at all. Sapper would tell you different, and now that they are done it wasn't so bad. LOL. Had to take the old chevy brackets off seats, and attach to ford seat. A little cuttin', drillin, and so on, but now they work fine. Had to also grind the chevy seat belt end to get it to work with the Ford buckle. All in all, great comfort though, and the center armrest isn't all the way across, so still room to move to back through center.

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

You stayed in Waynesboro and didn't drop in to see Roger? Hell if I knew you were over there I would have came over.

8. TheGeneral

Had a group of Marines up there. Least now I know how to travel some of the roads up there. Will try and make paragon. Another reason to get winch. Will probably trailer the thing up there. Look forward to it.