Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dual convertion kit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Nov 29, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

is there a place like jcwhitney i could get a dual exhuast conversion kit? mine is a 84...and i have only seen them for like the 70's blazers...

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

u mean like true duals? Any muffler shop can do that kinda stuff. Meineke up the street did mine $150 done exactly how i wanted.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i want some true duals all the way out the back with dual 40 flowmasters..headers ill probobly add later due to costs..

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I am running the JC Whitney kit on my 85 Burb and my brother has the kit on his 87 Blazer. A lot of the shops around here will not put duals on if it originally had single exhaust/cat. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif There are a few, but we have had good luck with the Whitney Kit. Can't remember how they list in in their catalog, just get the one for 73-?. I think Flowmaster also lists a kit for that vintage.

6. Gary 86 K5

Gary 86 K5 1/2 ton status

i just bought a full exhaust from summit for $217+ tax. It has dynomax headers and mufflers, all tubing, and clamps. Its supposed to be a bolt in kit but it isn't. I got the headers on yesterday no problem but the rest of it isn't gonna just bolt up. I'm going to have to take it to a muffler shop to have them bend the pipes a little so they can fit. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif