Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual Exahust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer213, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Blazer213

Blazer213 Registered Member

I have a 1988 K5, dose any company make a cat-back dual exahust.
    or do I have to make my own.
    Thanks,
    Tommy

2. J.R.

J.R. Guest

check with PAW , they have a large selection of companys. im not sure but i think there is a kit for a cat-back system.

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I dont think duals are made for the K5 from any company I know you can get a single.. Go to a good muffler shop. Not midas, etc. They can make duals just as cheap as a good catback and route them anyway you want. Go with 2.25 piping and your fav brand of mufflers.

My .02
    John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

4. J.R.

J.R. Guest

did you want true duals or from the converter back?? true duals no i dont think there is a kit. i had my duals custom made at a local shop. if you only want from the cat converter on back you should be able to find something for a kit..

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

In an answer for the ? on a dual kit the answer is NO. A true dual kit will have 2 cats. You can do what I did on my 89 and get a Catco converter and a Flowmaster Force 2 cat back system for just over $300 from Summit Racing. 1-800-230-3030. It sounds good when you get on it and does not drive you nuts going down the highway with the windows up. It is easy to install and like I said it sounds good IMHO.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

You can get a true dual 2 1/4" kit from PAW. It is like $220. Otherwise if you don't mind the single cat setup you can get a flowmaster cat back system.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

7. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Make sure it\'s legal

Whatever you get make sure it meets your local polution standards. Some muffler shops can't do work that doesn't meet polution laws. Grr.

8. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Yes to you ? ,there are tons of companies that make cat-back dual exahust .
    You do not have to make your own.
    The trick might be finding the correct one for you application !

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Dynomax makes true dual kits for your truck for $100 or so. Just call Jeg's, add two of your favorite mufflers, and you're good to go, it's a straight bolt on. Ditch the cats if you can. Mine were gone before I got the truck, I added the dual exhaust kit and a set of headers. Sounds great and actually helps performance significantly, unlike a cat-back kit which IMO is a total waste of money unless you replace the cat, crossover, and all the exhaust tubing to a bigger, mandrel bent size. Good luck. I'd just put duals on it.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles