Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dual exaust for my 84 Blazer Help!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stimpy, Aug 31, 2000.

1. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

Hey All
    I can't seem to find a dual exaust kit for my 84 blazer. I've looked at JCWhitney, and all the other places online
    but none of them have anything for blazer. They have them for just about every other Chevy. Am I blind or are they
    hard to find. Any help would be great.
    Thanks All
    Stimpy

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What are you looking for? Headers,cat,and tips? I went to a local exhaust place...they hooked me up with a deal. Helps when you know them!!

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

aight man here the way to go. get a 1 in 1 out high performance cat to a 1 in 2 out magnaflow muffler. most the piping and stuff should be custom done. its better. mine was, and it cost me 400$ for everyhting, the tips, the cat, the muffler the work all in 1!

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You're right. It's hard to find the kits for Blazers. I always figured that a pickup kit could have some length cut out somewhere to work, but I never confirmed that. Part of the problem with the kits is that they all seem to be in the 2"-2 1/4" range. I found a shop in town that doesn't have cat issues and they ran aluminized pipe full dual from my manifolds to exits behind each wheel through aluminized, welded Flo-Pro mufflers (no fiberglass to wear out) with a crossover pipe just under the T-case slip-joint and chrome tips. Out the door price was $220, which was cheaper than the kits in JCWhitney plus I had everthing welded instead of clamped together. Now, I know that I got a good deal, but sometimes having custom work done is real comparable in price to getting a kit and trying to shove long pipes up into your truck without a hoist. The pipe is actually real cheap for the shops, so you are mostly just paying for labor. You can pick up mufflers, tips, headers, anything you want ahead of time and then just pay the shop to bend and weld. Look into it, you'll probalby end up with a better exhaust for about the same money WITH a warranty of some kind.

'85 JIMMY
    '90 paint/grill/trim 5"susp 33/12.5/16.5
    Fresh 350 B&M '87 TH700

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Summit sells that universal fit dual kit that can be bought complete with headers. I have never seen anyone use them though.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com