Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual exhaust or single

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highlow, Nov 24, 2004.

1. highlow

highlow 1/2 ton status

<font color="orange"> Can you guys give me some advice in wich way to go? I am leaning towards single with a 3" pipe also I need a quiet muffler rig is a hunting rig. Thanks </font>

EAT BEEF IT'S THE AMERICAN THING TO DO /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Go single 3" if you can find someone to bend 3".

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can't find what engine you have in either your signature or profile. A single 3" exhaust flows plenty for the average small block but if you are pushing some HP you might want to think about duals, espcially if you require a restrictive quiet muffler.

How quiet do you need it? The stock GM mufflers are very quiet. A 3 chamber flowmaster is "quiet" in comparison of a 1 or 2 chamber muffler.

4. highlow

highlow 1/2 ton status

<font color="orange"> Yeah I am a newbie I don't have all my info out yet, but the blazer has a 350 with a edelbrock carb and aluminum intake and a mallory magnetic breakerless distributor, msd 6a ignition box, and a set of headers going on it. By the way I have some family in Willows that grow rice, and I am originally from Hollister.

EAT BEEF IT'S THE AMERICAN THING TO DO! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif </font>

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have dual exhaust on my truck and I used to like it alot. It was cool to say you had dual exhaust and stuff but honestly now I would rather have a good 3" single exhaust system. Duals get in the way of alot of stuff. 2 mufflers take up twice the room and don't add much HP's over a good 3" system.

It seems the more stuff I do to my truck the more the exhaust system gets in the way and the more I want to cut it all out and do a 3" system.

Harley

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="orange"> Yeah I am a newbie I don't have all my info out yet, but the blazer has a 350 with a edelbrock carb and aluminum intake and a mallory magnetic breakerless distributor, msd 6a ignition box, and a set of headers going on it.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif </font>

[/ QUOTE ] A single 3" sounds perfect for your combo. With your engine you won't loose any power with a 3" single vs. a 2.25" dual setup. Less weight and less material in the way.

[ QUOTE ]
    By the way I have some family in Willows that grow rice, and I am originally from Hollister.

[/ QUOTE ] Cool, I'm roughly 100 miles south of Willows. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif