Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual Exhaust Pics Anyone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Sep 10, 2000.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Hi all - My rig is getting ready to go into the exhaust shop, and the quote is $425 (or less maybe) to do a custom exhaust - muffler to the rear. I'll have single until the new FlowMaster, then dual exhaust back. Space is very limited and the job will be tough, so I'm looking for those who have single/dual exhaust on their K5's to share their pics to hopefully help the poor exhaust guy on mine. The main problem will be turning the right pipe in front of the fuel tank and squeezing between the tank and shankles. Help!

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Hey I found they post [​IMG]. When I get home tonight I will take a couple pic's of how mine was ran and I will send them to you.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

3. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I don't have any pics but I am getting a hiflow magnaflow catalitic converter and single in dual out running out the sides behind the tires for 275. Using all 3" pipes and chrome exhaust tips.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i have pics just not online yet!
    so wait a week and i will ge tthem
    i got a high performance magnaflow cat to a magnaflow single in dual out muffler.

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ya'll are running a nice setup [​IMG] as do I. I run a high flow cat, single 3" into a MagnaFlow dual 2 1/2" out coming out behind my tires angled downward. All that for FREE. Yes thats right FREE. My dad sells the stuff so the MagnaFlow Rep gave me my muffler and I had one of his customers put it on for FREE. I reckon I got pretty lucky. But I'll have those pictures up on my website tonight.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

6. pregate

pregate Registered Member

im taking mine to the shop today to see how much leeway we have on the emissions

if weve got some decent room im gonna go to a true dual exhaust, oh baby P:

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

8. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Do you want to see the whole exhaust underneathe the truck, or do you just want to see where it comes out the back?? Cuz I can take some pictures.

9. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Underneath please! The exhaust guy is not sure it can be done in the space available. The parts he's questioning the most is the 90 degree bend after the muffler to clear the tank, and the routing between the tank and the right side suspension. He states that he'd have to use 2 1/4" pipe, but i know that 3" ones will fit. He's setting a cap price of $425 (Alaska has more expensive prices on everything) because of the time and work involved. Help me convince him that it isn't too difficult a job. Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska
    Metallica & Mountain Dew

10. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I just put flowtech afterburner headers, 2 high flow cats and turbo mufflers. Ran them down both sides and did the side exit just before the rear tire.Only problem was on the passenger side, clearing the transfer case...kinda tight even for 2 1/2".

11. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

I had a guy put 2 1/2 duals on my 86.I put the hedman headers on and drove it to his shop.He put the duals up and out of the way of everything.He made (bent) all the pipes and welded glasspacks in.It was the best exhaust i've ever had,and it only costs me $ 200 but i gave him $260 cause he "forgot" to put the cat back on=) heh later...

12. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Ok its a little messy under there, but just don't look at the messy parts. I didn't really know what you wanted, so hope this helps. I took 10 pics so it might take a while to load, oh and the webpage isn't all that fancy, I kinda hurried on it. [​IMG]

http://www.geocities.com/troubled_one_53/exhaust.html