Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual Exhust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by colorado_emt, Mar 12, 2000.

1. colorado_emt

colorado_emt Registered Member

Can anyone tell me where to get a dual exhust kit to bolt onto stock manifolds. I have a '79 blazer with 350/350. Any help greatly apreciated

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

JC Witney has 'em, 4 Wheel Performance also, and you can buy the parts at any local Auto parts store...WK

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

If you like to run with the back window down....get the exhaust to come out just in front of the rear tires.[​IMG]

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Your right eagle in that the exhaust has to come out on the side of the truck to prevent fumes from entering through the rear window while driving. But I had a problem with that....being that when rock crawling I would always beat the crap out of my tail pipes cause they were in front of the rear tires. So to fix that problem, I had em routed behind the rear tire and a little higher...problem solved in my book.

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

My 2.5" pipes come out behind the rear wheels and have no problems with the exhaust coming inside the cab. I used to have them come out in front of the rear wheels but as said earlier the rocks damn near bent them closed. I took my flowmasters to the local exhaust shop and they bent the pipes and welded it all up for me and installed it all with hangers for $80.

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I run my dual exhaust out the sides behind the rear tire too. No probs so far. And yeah, check JC whitney for them.
    Boss