Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual front steering stabilizer

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Mastiff, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I forget the manufacturer, I think it's Pro-Comp maybe. This is the dual style where the shocks are side by side instead of one over the other. The kit has a plate you attach around the axle tube (mine was 10-bolt) and then you attach two other little plates to the tie rod. The two shocks attach to the outer plates and join at the middle to the plate that is attached to the axle (man, I need a digital camera /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). I've had it on the truck for about 6 years, so it's not exactly pretty anymore, but all the hardware and shocks are the gold-zinc plate, so there's no rust.

I should say that this is all bolt-on. The attaching is done with U-bolts.

Asking $25 + shipping.

2. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

Are the shocks included? If you can get some pics, I'd really like to see it. I'm interested but would like to see pics if you can get them.

Doug

3. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Would this work on my D-44? I'm waiting on stomper to let me know about a set up he has, if he sells to the other guy and this would work on my 77 K-10 I'd be interested.

4. Mastiff

Here's pics, not including mounting hardware. I guess there is just a touch of rust in a few places, like the end of the shock rod thingy.

[​IMG]

5. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

I'll pass on this.

Thanks anyway,
    Doug

6. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

was it still working when you took it off? Around how much should shipping be to KY(40701).

Thanks,
    Don
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. Mastiff

[ QUOTE ]
    was it still working when you took it off? Around how much should shipping be to KY(40701).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was working as far as I could tell. I mean, I have power steering. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I figured it was overkill for me, since I only have 35's and never do any high speed off-roading anyway.

I think with FedEx ground I can ship it anywhere in the US for $15. I don't know the exact weight to do better than that, but I shipped a fairly heavy package to Washington state for $8 or $9 last week.