Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual in, Dual out muffler? anyone make one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 23, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Well topic says what I want. My 97 needs an exhaust, there is no Y pipe on it, it just has manifolds to two pipes, with a small crossover in between catylitic converters and then both pipes go into the muffler. Found plenty of 2 in 1 out mufflers but no 2 in 2 outs. I will just slap a 2 in 1 out but if I could find the 2/2 that would be cool.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

flowmaster makes some
    clicky
    this is from mud frogs site, so you get a ck5 member discound also /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dang only 2.25 piping. Want to do 2.5" all around, I think I will just do like I did on my 95 and replace the muffler alone. Rest of the exhaust will be stock appearing. I can live with the single exhaust tip. The guy who bought my 95 went by my house when I was mowing the lawn today, man I miss the way that thing sounded /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

thats just the first one i saw, i seen more the other day when i was surfing his site.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I will keep looking but at the sametime I'm not too worried about it. I think I will be running a Hooker Aero Chamber Dual 2.5" inlet single 3" outlet muffler. I've run lots of flowmasters and just want to run something different.

6. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Magnaflow makes a nice 2.5" dual in dual out. Can get part number tomorrow. Works great on the newer vortec chevs. THe pipes going into the muffler dont need to be touched. THen make dual tails.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I found that on magnaflow's site last night, I emailed mud frog with the part number and asked how much.

8. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Borla makes a dual in dual out. I found one in a Tahoe at the wreckers, and made it work in my '66 with headers on a straight 6. Wow. What a noise /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Flowmaster has a dual 2.75 in and dual 2.5 out under PN 527504. They have a dual 3 in and dual 2.5 out under PN 530504. Would be interested in the PN for the other MFG. Have been thinking of doing this w/an X-Pipe on my 93 K3500.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

PN 11379, thats the Magnaflow 4x9" oval with dual 2.5s in dual 2.5s out. Like I think I said before, I've run Flowmasters many times and I just want to try something different.

11. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

forget all that fancy smancy dual in dual out crap. get yourself 2 single mufflers and put them in vertical side by side. a friend has 2 flow 40's on his '96, and it's nice. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

oh, and the factory piping up to the muffler is dual 2". putting a 2.5" muffler aint gonna really do anything.

12. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have a 3 inch in 3 inch out dual in dual out on my dually. its a flowmaster. i think its to loud and will be putting two single in single outs on it. deepen it up a bit as well.
    grant

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    forget all that fancy smancy dual in dual out crap. get yourself 2 single mufflers and put them in vertical side by side. a friend has 2 flow 40's on his '96, and it's nice. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

oh, and the factory piping up to the muffler is dual 2". putting a 2.5" muffler aint gonna really do anything.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm thinking forget all of this. Chop the pipes off right up at the front of the trans, then run 2.5" pipe, with new cats, an X pipe, and 2 mufflers back.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I took your word here then I decided to check. The pipe up till the muffler is 3" from the manifolds all the way back. Not 2".

15. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

I saw a guy yesterday with a maybe 2003 or 4 silverado 2500 HD and had 2in2out muffler and thought of you i think it was at least 2.5 pipes. maybe talk to a dealer? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nah thats ok too quiet /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I like mine to be the loudest trucks in town.