Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual off stock manifolds

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 9, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I have a friend that is running glass packs off of his stock manifolds. It sounds really good and I want to get dual, but don't have the money for headers and all that stuff. The question is.......where could I get 3" pipes that come off the manifolds and would stop over the rear axle or so. I don't want it sticking out. You guys probably can't help much unless you live in Wichita, KS., but thanks anyway.

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

2. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

Duals work fine from a stock manifold, but nowhere around here will bend 3" pipe. They want to sell you 2 1/2".
    Good luck

Blazin' in Flagstaff

3. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Unless you have one bad ass motor i don't think you would need duel 3" exhaust.The 2 1/2" should be fine.

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I got 2.25 inch aluminized duals from my manifolds all the way back out the sides behind the rear tires for $125 including turbo mufflers from MIDAS. Of course, it helps that I knew most of the guys there already. LOL TIP- Take beer at closing time on Fri. or Sat. and make friends. A little beer money can sometimes pay off as a good investment.