Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dual shock fronts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jonny-K5, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ok, my truck has dual front shocks, i ordered a lift kit with two shocks, now which mount is standard location? the longer, straight up and down mount, or the shorter one that angles to the rear of the truck? im guessing its the straight one.

2. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

if ur truck (as almost all 80-up i believe) have dual front shocks, both are the stock mounts. but, i would use the straight up and down to get the most travel and articulation. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif i know ho9w ya feel too, i was wonderin the same thing when i was lookin at lifts.

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

Your right! Most lift kits only come with 2 front shocks and they utilize the upper mount as the primary location.

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ya i thought it was the straight up and down one. i pieced the lift together so i could have gotten four shocks but i thought i would see how it handles with 2 first. im using 3in EZ rides, do ya think 2 will handle them?

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

the rearward of the two is the standard position with the forward of the two being the auxilary shock. Like said above just use the taller position (auxilary mount) and run a longer single shock.

6. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

thats how i would run it too. using the taller shock will prevent u from having to use a shorter one that could bottom out easier, and limit ur articulation on the trail, not much, but big blazers need all the help flexing they can get. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

as far as im concerned the extra shock is just for looks! its really not needed at all..but it does looks cool! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif