Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dual shocks???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dustyk5, Apr 10, 2004.

1. dustyk5

dustyk5 Registered Member

Exactly what would be good about dual front shocks.I had them on my 71 K5 and removed one from each side and it seems much more comfortable down the road.Am I completely off base?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Pretty much nothing good about dual shocks in this application.

3. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

dual shocks are nice if you run around all winter with a plow hanging off the front, other than that they are pretty useless.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dual shocks are nice if you run around all winter with a plow hanging off the front, other than that they are pretty useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, useless unless your a mall wheeler, than just upgrade to 4 chrome shocks for each wheel /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The only place you need dual shocks is like stated above with a heavy object like a plow on the front or if you run alot of high speed fire roads, dunes, etc. Dual shocks will help keep the shocks cooler and make them fade less quickly if you run alot of baja style stuff.

Harley

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I agree on the heavy object and hi speed fade issue as well. Then again harley thinks dual shocks is having one on each corner in the front and none in the rear. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Ya, you only need two. One on each of the front corners. rears aren't necessary, and neither is a steering stabilizer. They just limit flex.

Trucks are like women, they better have a little bounce in the back otherwise they are no fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Harley

8. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Trucks are like women, they better have a little bounce in the back otherwise they are no fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ya, you only need two. One on each of the front corners. rears aren't necessary, and neither is a steering stabilizer. They just limit flex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be really rough riding down the road?

10. Hossbaby50

Ya, it does but you get used to it. I need to get rear shocks in eventually but I have been ok for over a year now so no biggy. I broke the stock rear mounts. I am going to get new front shocks when I do the Ford Shock Towers.

Harley

Harley