Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, May 9, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Ok. My 1988 has 4 shocks on the front axle (2 on each side). Is this standard? It sure looks like it but the K5 of a friend of mine has not. (and he is jealous, hehehehe).

"K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

It may be standard on your blazer. Then again, lots of people put dual shocks on as a mod. Some 3/4 I think have dual shocks.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

It was an option from the factory; quad front shocks- mine has them too. If you're upgrading or replacing the shocks, I'd save some bucks & ditch the second set.

Brian
    89KBlazer

4. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

If I'd put something like Rancho 5000's in, do a dual or single. And if a single, shall I use the front or the rear one?

"K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Can't really picture it right now (I"m at work) on which position to use (maybe someone else could jump in here) but yes, if you're going to something like an RS5000, it's made to carry the load as a single shock applicaion. I think that you can get a dual shock verions (some companies make them) but they're only a softer valved version of the same shock & your still buying the extra shocks.

Good Luck
    Brian
    89KBlazer

6. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

My old 87' Blazer had singles and i later used the Trail master quad setup. My 89' Sub 1/2 ton has Factory quads.

One From None