Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DUAL SHOCKS?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 24, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a dual shock set up I know everyond is gonna tell me they ride BAD, but I love the look and Ill buy shocks valved for it. So where can I get the kit for it? Tuff Country has one but there site dosent tell me much and ive done lots of searches on them but dident find much, I rember watching on "TRUCKS" that the skyjackers dual shocks for a SD bolt to the leaf spring braket(where the ubolts go) But it seem to me like you would need a shorter shock for that. ANY WAYS any info yall could give me on tuff countrys or any others or cheap shocks for duals would be appreciated.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The stock dual setup isn't that rare in wrecking yards.

Like you said, they ride like crap and really aren't worth it IMO.

Before I knew better I got the stock dual shock setup, and the correct shocks. Crawled under the truck not too long ago and noticed the lower bolt (both shocks ride on it) is bent from the "outer" shock.

Perhaps you can get a dummy shock or something, or at least the most ineffective shock around, that way the ride won't be so bad.

3. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

i bought my second shock setup bracket from gm. cost like 11.00 a peace. most of the 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickup frame's i've seen after 81 have had the holes in the frame to just bolt them on.
    like said the bottem of the shock is just a longer bolt with a spacer of some kind between.

dave

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

dual shock stock chevy set up breaks really easy... not worth the trouble... tears off the axle all the time....
    look at the ford shock tower setup.... its been all done and thunk out here a million times..learn from experience /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I dont want the stock set up. I want it where the shocks are vertical and come staright up from the axle /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif