Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dual steering stabilizers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Jan 1, 2006.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

I just installed my new Skyjacker dual steering stabilizers and I have a question. Am I supposed to take the old single shock off? It says nothing in the directions about it and the real reason for my confusion is that in the picture on the instruction sheet has the original shock still behind the tie rod except its a Skyjacker shock. I was positive I needed to take the old one off until I saw that. I just wanted to make sure before I took it off though. It seems to steer kinda hard and funny with all three shocks on.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I run a single stock stabilizer with my 39.5" TSL's...anything beyond that is just for show IMO, or trying to mask another problem rather than fixing it correctly.

Rene

3. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

2 is not necassry with the evolution of shock tech and three seems ridiculous

4. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

Actually I have a dual and only one is working the other is there just to complete the pic

bobble 011.jpg

5. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Well my question was whether to take the old one off or not, I didnt want to start a debate on how many are necessary lol. Honestly I have noticed my truck handles much better with the new duals but seems a little too stiff now so im taking the old one off tomorrow. For a daily driver I think duals are necessary for 37's or bigger because the stock one worked good until I got my 37's.

6. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

I am running a single stabilizer with small 35's on my D44 in my toyota 4runner. I plan on getting a shorter stabilizer since I ended up buying one for a 70's Blazer... but I cut the axle down. Rancho's website has the PDF with all the stabilizers specs part #'s and stuff. Theres only about 3 different # stabilizers for us D44/10 bolt guys. and I contacted Rancho about running a smaller one and he said they're valved the same, just different physical lengths.