Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dually Blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, Jul 1, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Have any of you seen one and/or could you make one I have seen one dually burban I thank it would be cool

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

A company(I'll try to get the name tommorrow) makes a conversion kit for subs. It looks pretty cool except that the fuel door looks kinda weird because the dually fenders cover it up and it has to be modified. I guess you could do it on a blazer but it'd be pointless. It's already kinda pointless with a 'burb' b/c duallys are good for fifth wheel towing and you can't do that with a burb, but it will make it more stable. I wouldn't do it on a blazer though, too much trouble for no function, but it sure would be different.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

4. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

It would most likely cost a lot too it would look cool I just would like some 33s

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I saw one in the readers rides section of one of the 4x4 mags a long time ago...so I guess someone has taken the time to do it. It looked strange though. Kind of fat I guess.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I saw one in a magazine once too. I think Blazers and subs are wide enough.

Brian

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I guy that used to live around here had one. Wasn't real practical, but looked WICKED! He has put a lot of time into it and did an OUTSTANDING job. Not my cup of tea, but awesome none the less.

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I found the company that makes the kit for subs, it's Arrowcraft Products.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I did a search on Yahoo! and it came up with http://www.arrowcraft.com. For some reason the link won't work, but I think it's just a temporary problem.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

10. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I saw a 1st gen K5 with a dualie rear and dana 60 front for dual rear wheels in a magazine once. it had 36" gumbo mudders and a big-block. it was cool. it wouldn't be that hard, just find a pair of 1 ton dualie axles and swap them in like regular 1 ton stuff.</font color=blue>

11. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

look cool, but preformance would probaly suck...

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

12. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

I saw one at a service station in Seaside, Oregon 2 years ago. It was owned by the guy running the station. I crawled under and around it...who ever did the conversion did a beautiful job. The interior was retubbed and the wheels didn't stick out but a few inches in the back. It looked to me like he towed something heavy with it. Owner was gone otherwise I'd know more about it.

SteveB

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Guy in my club has one he is putting back together. Said it has a very weird rear axle thats unusualy narrow. Guy who he got it from did the conversion and relocated the springs under the frame to get the clearence. said the wheels only stick out from under the fender 4 inches. He's getting it back together and said he is going to run some wacked offset wheels and run it single with like 40's

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

14. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

There is a shortbed stepside around my town with dual rear end on it and it is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It used to be a nice truck too, then this guy bought it a decided that he thought it would make a nice work truck. First the plow went on and the the side boards. Now the rear end. I feel like buying it and putting it out of its misery.

15. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I've seen two different kind of dually burbans...one with the dually flairs & the extra wheel hanging outside the original body and the other was with a dually rear-end out of a wrecker....it was shorter so the dually wheels were tucked under the body.....I love me some duallies!!! I've got a buddy who's got a crew cab long box that he put dually fenders on so he could clear some extremely wide tires in the rear......either way...it looks mean as sh!t!!! I'm planning on doing something of the sort.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

16. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

there's a k5 in land o lakes florida with dual 44' swampers on the back and single 44's on the front. it can not, will not get stuck. its soooooo huge