Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dually blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 16, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Pretty cool I think. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was considering doing it to my K5 for a while but couldn't find any pictures of one, then I find out there is one just a couple miles from me /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

am I the only one that doesnt like duallys? they havent made much practical sense in years (if not decades) since man kind learned how to make heavy duty tires... and they just make a rig look butt-ugly, literally.

j

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You obviously have not towed a heavy load with a dually through lane changing high speed traffic.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It doesn't even have a real dually rear end... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif [ QUOTE ]
    Equipped with bolt on dual wheel kit that can be used on Chevy pickups and suburbans.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It just has an aftermarket wheel adapter kit.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    You obviously have not towed a heavy load with a dually through lane changing high speed traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

towing is the devil. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i see heavily loaded (in the bed) duallys all the time, but hardly ever see one actually towing much of anything. oh well, 99% of peeps never use 4wd either.

j

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

huh.....that kinda ruins it, and wouldnt that put more stress on a standerd srw axle...speacially a 10 bolt!? lol.. but it could be done easy enough..just swap a 14 bolt dually in it...and throw on the bubble flares and you got urself a true dually..ive thought about it...prolly wil do it to one of my trucks someday..

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Well that statement came from an incedent in Salt Lake city:

My first trip to EJS, I had a '98 Dodge x'tra cab 4x4 with the towing package. I had to make some quick lane changes and my Blazer on the trailor pushed and swayed me all over the place. There were some tense moments.

The next year, I towed wity my 1 ton dually 4x4 Chev and there was no comparison. I had to flip lanes and go here and there and it was no problem at all. I was sold.

You get used to how they look after a while. Normal trucks start to look a little thin and light in the back. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif