Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dually D60 front and 14b rear ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Jan 29, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

dually D60 front and 14b rear ?\'s

1) Are the stub shafts on a dually 60 front the same length as a SRW axle?

2) A van width 14b is 70" from WMS to WMS and a dually 60 front is 77" from WMS to WMS right?

3) It's been said on here that the track widths would match if I were using Hummer wheels on these axles. I don't see how this is possible if there's a 7" difference between the two. Can ya clear me up on this?

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Re: dually D60 front and 14b rear ?\'s

D60 stubs are the same length, SRW or DRW.

Figures sound about right on those track widths... I assume you mean a 14FF from a SRW van.

A 14FF from a DRW pickup or cube-van (92-up, 91-older is D70) will be 77" or very close to it.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: dually D60 front and 14b rear ?\'s

<font color="green"> U2slow has it right, in my opinion. The dually front/cube van rear setup would be really cool with Hummer wheels, especially since I haven't seen it done before. It would be less expensive since the dually D60s are so much cheaper than the srw ones, plus you'd have an endless supply of replacement hubs for the D60 since nobody wants the dually ones anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>