Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dually Dana 60 front

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by titanic, Apr 27, 2000.

1. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

I've been looking for a dana 60 front axle to swap in for my IFS stock front end. I 've located one out of a ford dually,(I know, I know nasty 4 letter word),and was wondering what the costs might run to convert to single rear wheel hubs and etc. Any idea?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am not totally positive, but I think the ford front driveshaft is on the wrong side. dually rear axels are wider, hub adapters are needed to convert.

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

the Ford transfercase outputs on the left side, while Chevy's are output on the right side, you'll have to have one helova driveline built to make that work, or put in a 2 wheel drive transmission and a ford divorced 205, now that would be one unstoppable / bulletproof setup especially if you had the slip yoke eliminator kit on the back of the th350.
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

The GM IFS trucks have the t-case output on the drivers side so a Ford axle is required. I've heard the dually conversion is expensive but for what they're charging for a Ford Dana 60 it may be worth it. The last Ford D60 axle I seen was going for $1400!

Shawn
    <font color=blue>87 K5</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>454, 6", D60, 14 blt, 465, 205</font color=red>
    www.off-road.com

5. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

In that case go for it I forgot that the IFS had the output on the left side. A dually Blazer would be a site to see, go to a wrecking yard and get the dually bolt on fenders... that'd be waaay cool
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]