Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dually Shackle Flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 88burb, Feb 26, 2005.

1. 88burb

88burb Registered Member

Will Your 1 Ton Shackle Flip Work On A 89 Crew Cab Dually I Will Be Towing Quite A Bit And I Was Wondering If It Still Would Be Safe To Tow Things After The Shackle Flip. Thanks Lance

2. 88burb

88burb Registered Member

Oh Ya Its A 89 Gmc Dually Forgot To Put That In ........

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Burblover this topic has been beaten to death.

88burb if you do a search here you will find many many heated discusions about towing with shackle flips.
    I have one on a 95 Ford truck and used it for all of my towing needs. I have towed upto 10,000# with the truck and never felt that it was unsafe or dangerous. I think it changed more when I put the 4" lift on with the blocks and add a lift spring. I then changed to shorter blocks with taller springs and then went to the shackle flip. It was always the same after I lifted it. I see no problems with it

Others do

You can also call Stephen and talk to him about this.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

As my bro stated, there's a lot of info here on this already for you to sift through, in your case, you have a solid tow platform to begin with so you should not have any problems. As you will probably read, most problems with "towing with a shackle flip" are more related to tires, shocks, springs, wheelbase, trailer type, etc. than to the specific shackle configuration.