Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dually Suburban Project

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BURBIN406, Dec 10, 2002.

1. BURBIN406

BURBIN406 Registered Member

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Looks good!!! Need a dually Dana 60 front end though...ditch the 10 bolt! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I like............ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Double Sweetness-- /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. BURBIN406

I have already purchased a dana 60 dually front rear with 4.56's from an 4x4 1 ton ambulance. I am just waiting on a friend of mine to pull it. With the weather here, he doesn't seem to be in a hurry.

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

that's cool man!

10. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Awe-SOME! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gifWhere does one find the parts for that? looks like a 2 part project (drive train - body). And would lighten the wallet a bunch!

11. BURBIN406

The project started out as: I bought a 1985 Suburban with 70,028 miles on it.
    It needed new tires and spring bushings. I decided to lift it. 4" and 33's. Well when I put the front springs in that I purchased at a swap meet. They ended up being 6" springs. I had to put 8" of lift in the back to level it. So I did a shackle flip and used a block that I had. I drove it for a little while like that (300 miles) tires were too small. So I bought a parts truck for 3/4 ton running gear. (see new picture in my album) It had brand new General Grabber MT's on slot wheels. I had my plan in order....just swap running gear! yeah right! I had a guy want to buy the generals for more than I paid for the whole parts truck.....so SEE YA LATER!!!! off they went. Now I was going to need to buy new tires and rims. My new plan was to put the corp 14 with discs in the rear and the 44 up front , buy new eagle wheels and BFG Mta's. Well I found a set of KMC dually wheels reasonable and just had to have them. So I bought the wheels, 6 Brand New Tires, 2 Brand New factory rims, A dually rear from a 1986 box van(needed all new brakes), acquired a pair of factory BUDD Wheel adapters for the front rear(until my dana 60 arrives), New 2" wheel spacers for between the rear tires so they don't rub while Burban is loaded, All new front brakes, Shocks, You name it , everything has been replaced!!!! Oh yeah the fenders were a B*#ch to find! But a buddy of mine pulled thru for me on that one, if not they wanted like 150 and some change to just ship the new ones I located. Anyways the truck has been a lot of fun so far, but the last phase was a very expensive one , but it just had to be done. My next step is to do the body work, install 89-91 grill assy, PAINT, and install the 1991 Silverado factory blue Bucket seat velour full interior I have acquired for it! The only problem is now there is snow on the ground and I don't have a garage here at my house. And I haven't had time to build my new pole barn. Anyways good things come to those who wait......RIGHT? Well thanks for looking.
    parts truck

12. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

that burb is sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I like the dually conversion

13. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

did u try these guys for fenders? ArrowCraft Peeked @ their stuff a long time ago.. but hadn't seen it done on anything. Now why can't i find deals like that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif