Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dually Suburban

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by T-ROY, Feb 19, 2004.

1. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I got a wild hair up my butt today and decided that I'm going to try to turn my Burb into a dually. Don't worry, I'll have changed my mind long before I can come up with the money to actually do anything towards these ends. Does anybody have any pics? I went looking, but came up empty. There is one on the movie "Twister". As a matter of fact, it is exactly what I'm looking at, except color. I just figure that I want to use the BUrb as a family hauler. trailer tower and the dual wheels would help with the stability I'm giving away with the lift and 35's. Its really all about the looks, but I've got to start coming up with something that sounds like good reasons or my wife will crap down her leg. I found a site tonight that sells spacers to run dually wheels on the front without haveing to buy a D60. The adapters cost $250 as opposed to the cost of a D60. Any thoughts? I have way too much time to think at work. Other option is finding a wrecked dually 4x4 and canabalizing the running gear. anyone know where there is one for free? Kenny?...Ryan?...Jeff?...Bueller?
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Not reading that it's just to long... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifHaven;t you seen pics of the burb with duallies front and back??? someone get this guy the pics.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

reading is good for you, Rob. Try it.... Sorry to hear about your shop.

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Troy... you dont wanna do that... I dont know exactly why yet... but I am almost 100% positive that you dont want to do that. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Besides that, I have no idea where to get dually running gear even close to "cheap", hell not even close to "affordable"

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It's funny Troy your the only person I've met on here ,that types out exactly how you sound in person, and thats not a bad thing, its genuine...Damn I'm drunk,,, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Fumage! you still got those headers under your topper in front of you shop?

Bring them Saturday... since Shage pussied out and didnt want them I might use them on my burb /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif that is... as soon as I can get the sand blasted /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

9. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Go hang out down at the SCCA races at PIR this summer there are quite a few down there. They pit crews use them to haul trailers and the crew around in they are the shiznit for that.

When Jeff and me had our 'burb we thought about it and even located a dually rear end for it (in fact still know where a couple are) just coming up with the money for the glass rear fender for a 'burb is where we fell short. Its still a fun thought for us and we still talk about it.

We know you T-roy you change your mind more then a woman does /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Fumage! you still got those headers under your topper in front of you shop?

Bring them Saturday...

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifLets see, Shane + headers+ broken compressor+ owing me money=I bet Shane don't show up Saturday... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifI took the headers and the compressor over to Shanes house.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lets see, Shane + headers+ broken compressor+ owing me money=I bet Shane don't show up Saturday...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet yer wrong! :flipoff: /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I'll bring the headers with me. Maybe even the compressor too. BTW..my 'lectrician buddy thinks it's the solenoid thingy's on the top of the motor. I rewired it exactly as we did at your house and he said I did it right. Still wacky how it fried. It DID run fer a few seconds before we shut it off /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif wacky...
    Anyway, see you Sat. with the headers and $$ /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Fumage... dont forget the Mila-beav... I have a gallon or two of whiskey, a some decent beer, a bunch of rum and I will get some coke. I will also pick up some Pizza's...

See you all then!

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Alright well bring it back and my other neighbor should be able to help me with a new solinoid... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

woo...

I just bought me some Mila-Beav... gonna have to see about watching it tonight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifMila beav... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

16. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you guys are going to have waaaaaay too much fun. What is the thing with Mila-Beav? I realize that I'm a dork, but I don't get it?
    Fumes...What do you mean by that? I might have to get offended. I assume that you are saying something negative about the way I type, or talk, or think, or something...I just really wish I still drank sometimes. jk
    T-roy

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Fumes...What do you mean by that? I might have to get offended. I assume that you are saying something negative about the way I type, or talk, or think, or something...I just really wish I still drank sometimes. jk
    T-roy

[/ QUOTE ]Dood you rock !!!!, I will tell you in person.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

By the way, there's a dually 14 bolt in the Oregonian today for $100 I think........if you are interested, I'll get the number. It's in the Auto Parts and Repair section. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yep, i saw that one also /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif