Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dually vs. single 14 ff....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tipoil, Aug 6, 2002.

1. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

does any body know the difference between a dualy rear end and a single wheel diff?

does a 14ff from a p30 dualy would work(length ,spring pad,etc)
    Around here they are getting reel hard to get . Just have to forget the junk yard because they want to rob u (they ask 600-850$ cdn each.But they are stuck whit the p30 ones.

Dont even think of going to d60 up front (would have to get a third job!!!!!)

so any guess???

2. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

ANYONE?????

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

The dually 14b is quite a bit narrower than the single wheel version. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Also the spring pads are in the wrong spot for a K5. Try to find one from a 3/4 ton. I got mine from a '77 3/4 ton. The only thing I had to change was the shock mounts. They hung too low.

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I am running a D70 HD out of a Cab and Chassis Ford...I had to move the spring perches and make shock mounts. It I about 2" narrower on each side than my D60 front. I am running 2 1/2" spacers on the rear, so my track width is about 1/2" wider in the rear. I am builing another rearend with lower gears etc and am willling to sell the spacers. If you can get the dually rearend considerably cheaper than the single wheel, go for it. Another option is a D60 rear out of a 3/4 ton Ford.

5. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

FORD...NEVER tought of that..!!!
    A freind of mine said that the p30 ones was longer (maby 1 inch or so)than myne,was he blowing hot air..or not??

The axle i'm talking about is from a foward control body(p30) purolator truck type(cargo)

6. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

dont know that truck, but 1 ton truck duallies
    the rear axle is narrower than the single, and a dana from any of
    those will work with some minor mods