Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Duct Tape uses???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Aug 15, 2005.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

A post in the garage got me wondering - What's the strangest thing you have used duct tape for or the worst mess it saved you from?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've got a few stories, but the best that I have heard has been this one. Seems in the not-so-distant past, there used to be a judge around these parts that kept a roll handy in the courtroom. Seems the duct tape was his own version of STFU Kool-Aid for those defendants that were unable to comprehend the meaning of "order in the court."

:D

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Instant babysitter (not really, but really funny).

Also really funny. Go to Wal Mart and buy duct tape, video tapes, a ski mask, and cooking oil, if for nothing else than to see look on the cashier's face :confused: :eek1: :haha: :haha: :haha:

John

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

stichest, fixing a boat, an rubber boad, and my wallits for the last few year (100% duct tape)

i am the duct tape king to my friends, hell i even MADE A SUIT OF OF I AND WORE IT TO MY WEDDING reseption!!!!!

5. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

First one that comes to mind is used it to keep a drive shaft from pulling appart, another is held a u-joint together to get off the trail.

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

We used to duct tape people to motor home ladders.

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

the officers daughter in my trunk! :haha: :haha:

sorry, I couldn't help myself :rolleyes:

8. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When my certain nieces and nephews come over I tie them up in it, they ask me to do this, and then they see if they can get out. Sometimes it will take them a couple of hours but it is rare they cant get out. I used two rolls one day doing this, just tie them up go do what you want and tell them to yell if they want untied :D :D

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm more of a fan of electrical tape for everyday use. Easily fit's in a pocket, looks classy, and in a pinch, something to gnaw on

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

mmmmm cow fat

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

coincidence..........

Hmm---The folks on Rhonda Vincent's message board have been telling her husband to duct tape her to her bed,so she'll HAVE to stay in bed and recouperate from her intestinal sugery!..(She is not known for sitting still too long,she plays over 300 concerts a year!)...Her husband Herb advised all us fans to invest in Duct Tape stock,since he'll be using so much!..one fan even sent him a roll with a get well card for Rhonda!--she got quite a kick out of it!..
    Rhonda got a good report from her doctor yesterday,doing as well as anyone can be expected only 2 weeks after such major surgery--but he said it will be at least 2 more weeks before he'll allow her to go back to work(takes 4-6 weeks normally to heal from this kind of surgery)..I'm still praying all goes well for her..she has been a great friend and inspiration to me,I hope she recovers fully and without complications!.. :crazy:

I use duct tape on everything but ducts!--it always falls off if you use it for its intended purpose!..I use it to seal boxes for shipping,cover up sharp edges on sheet metal,just about everything!..as RED GREEN says--"IT'S THE HANDYMAN"S SECRET WEAPON!"...(and if the ladies dont find you handsome,they can at least find you handy!) :bow: :D

12. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I have seen duct tape covering holes in the skin of a fabric airplane before. (fabric was used on most all older airplanes as the "skin". now they use aluminum). Maybe that's why they call it "100 mph tape".

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

14. gn4u2c

gn4u2c 1/2 ton status

This is no B.S we had a car come into the shop with a broken tie rod. The guy used about a mile of duct tape to connect it to the spindal this was on a camaro. His front tires were so fubared from driving it. I cannot to this day belive he did not die driving it a 16- or 17 year old kid a a p.o.s mid 80's camaro. :eek1: