Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dude we just jumped my car!!!! seriously

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Jun 11, 2006.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my bad ass rally racer, a 1991 oldsmobile 98, all the options available in 1991.... flew tonight. corey and i were driving through the dirt near our house doin like 40mph and hit a little gravel hill... you can see where we hit the ground on take off and about 40ft later you can see where we hit the ground on landing... afterwards the car was smoking, but that stopped... we got under it and were like "dude look how ****ed up the skid plate is...." then i was like "dude thats the oil pan!" but there are no leaks fortunetly... the engine crossmember is bent by about an inch and it makes noise going into and out of gear like a motor mount is broke now, but otherwise the olds handled it quite nicely... i dont think there will be a repeat of this until i get something else to drive... atleast the car only cost me $1. hahaha

scott

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Years ago a guy I knew bought a Maverick just for some trim parts and a couple of other things for fifty bucks but it still ran. After they robbed it of the parts they wanted they decided to take it out to the desert to jump it and try to kill it.

Well 4 weekends later after beatin the snot out of it they finally killed it. They hauled it back to his house and then called a junk yard. The end result is the junk yard gave him a hundred bucks for the car.

So he got the parts off of it he wanted. Had a whole lot of fun. And made fifty bucks on the deal.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Thats just not something you can do in a new car. I can say that a 76 Granada can successfully jump a set of railroad tracks 7 times before catastrophic ball joint failure accures

4. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

had a 77 Impala Station Wagon "Land Yacht". I got it for $250 for it's strong running 4bbl 350 and th350. But since it still worked I took it out packed with 5 other guys in it and jumped it a few times. The old boat had some balls, I tell ya.

I ended up leaving the engine in it and selling it for $500. :D

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

MAN,these are great stories.i LOVE wrecking cars.the first one i did was my 74 gremlin. i paid $75.00 for it drove the hell out of it for 2 years and finally got my 74 MONTE.we took the grem out to the woods and i was supposed to drive it first but a friend jumped in and hit a tree. he broke the windsheild and cut his head.:haha: i finally got to drive it and we went nuts sideswiping trees and such.after it died we flipped it over and i pulled the battery. then they descided to burn it. i said no but someone threw in a burning log and the rest is history. AND i have many more stories.:laugh: