Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Duelly dana 60 hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5texan, Oct 4, 2002.

1. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

I got a duelly dana 60 and was wanting to convert to a single wheel size. From what i see the only difference is the ring were the wheel mounts on the hub so could i just cut that off and move the mounting position farther toward the inside. is this sound right. any info is appreciated and pictures would be great.
    thanks
    jared

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yes, that is exactly right. There are machine shops that will also perform this conversion. </font color>

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

here some pics for ya. the wheel ring must be turned down plus as you can see the body off the dually hubs is a litte fatter than the SRW hubs so this must also be turned down. On a DRW the rotor bolts to the hub but on a SRW it is held there with press in studs. So the hole for the studs must be enlarged as well at the hole on the rotors i think they need to be 43/64 on the rotor, i'm not sure about the hubs. these folks did this conversion for me http://www.wagonermachine.com/ give Casey a call he can help ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BAD4WD

BAD4WD Registered Member

5. ghostrid

ghostrid Registered Member

I have a set of dana 60 locking front hubs single wheel off of a 92 dodge ram 2500 diesel that I parted for just about everyting to stick under my 74 Winnie brave. The winnie is all done except for the gear swap in the rear end and the dually rims on the front. I will trade the single wheel locking hubs for the dually locking hubs. Everything is in excellent condition... i have been driving the Winnie for about a month now. Hunting season is comming up and I need to mount my rims on the front and get some new tires and alignment.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  6. manchildau65

manchildau65 1/2 ton status

ghostrid this is the exact same post you had in the other post I started about Dually to Single Hub conversions...

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

yep he is a f_ck hat . dredging up posts from 02 to sell his stuff against the rules. he has been posted to the site mods list to be taken care of dont you worrie. :wink1:

8. GsxrMike

GsxrMike 1/2 ton status

Can you just swap SRW hubs onto the axle? I thought this was the case and I have been scratching my head as to how to go about doing it. I have a DRW Dana 60 and SRW hubs. I just gotta swtich them out right?

9. sweetk30

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257762

10. ghostrid

I am not trying to sell anything. I read all these posts on how everyone wants to change their daully front ends to singles and I have those hubs Whats the problem with posting in order to try to trade my hubs for the dually ones!

11. GsxrMike

GsxrMike 1/2 ton status

12. sweetk30

there is a sale / wanted section for this. you have broken the rules posted here. these few simple rules keep the site clean and flowing good.

and its no good to dig up posts from 2002 for wanting to swap stuff.

we welcome you to be a member here but please fallow the rules posted here for our site. not trying to be a bad person. just posting the facts for ya.

13. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You searched and found them for a reason. It's not like you mentioned it in an active thread once. You have 5 exact copies of your "trade" offer in the Forum right now. Probably worth the $25 to become a member and post in the For Sale/Wanted section. I am sure somebody would trade you. There are guys looking for DRW setups all the time.

14. ghostrid

Found hubs

I had a bunch of people call me to swap. Straight across. Want to thank all that helped. Wish I had more hubs to trade. Winnie is running good. Putting a rear sway bar on and going to adjust the bands for the trans ...