Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dukes of Hazzard funny

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 70jimmy, Jan 25, 2006.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yesterday I was flipping channels and watched about 5 minutes of the Dukes of Hazzard. Anyway the General Lee got a flat and Luke was changing the tire. This was happening just as I turned it on. Luke was using a 4 way and was LOOSENING the lug nuts and I noticed the tire was full. Bo pulls the floor jack out from under the car and Luke continues to turn the 4 way in the loosening the nuts direction then they throw the tools in the trunk and peel out and the chase is on again.

2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: Script writers overlooked that little thing and probably didn't know any better. Besides, nobody wouldn't have noticed it unless they were watching closely.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I think the idea that the General got a flat is pretty funny, considering the beating that car would have taken... :haha:

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Kinda like the dirt bike kid and the million gears that bike has. I have to say though the Duke are my all time favorite shows.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

gotta love the squealing tires on dirt to

6. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

For some odd reason I always liked that.:D

7. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Kinda like the guy in a shootout. He 's got a six shooter rvolver, he shoots and shoot s and never reloads

8. MT wheeler

MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

I never thought that was possible until I did it on hard Texas dirt and the first thing I thought of was the Dukes. I jumped out of my window to yell YEE-HAW and realized I was in a lifted truck and you have time to yell other things before you hit the dirt.:mad:

I always liked the scenes of the Dukes when Uncle Jesse would drive the old white Ford truck and he would be haulin' (for Jesse) and the auto column shifter would still be in park.:haha:

9. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

ooo from my experiences, one side had reverse threads, i guess to eliminate the nuts from backing off.....

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup-mopars have LH lugs!!

Many older Mopars had Left Hand lugs on the drivers side..so they might not have been spinning the 4 way lug wrench the "wrong way!"..also,things that rotate, like tires, will spin backwards as the film is played back,unless they do something to reverse the rotation during editing..something to do with the camera I guess..watch some old movies..all the wheels spin backwards!..

And guess what!..if the dirt is packed hard enough,you certainly CAN squeal the tires on dirt!..I've done it many times,and any dirt track race will have its share of "cornering rubber" too!..so that might not be fake either,though I admit the soundtrack on the Dukes is a asphalt burnout in my opinion..

I used to laugh when they would jump General Lee 30 ft in the air..and when it landed you could see the nose and rear quarters buckle in half over the wheel wells..but only for a split second!..then the car would be mint in the next scene!--you KNOW that car NEVER moved again after it hit the ground in reality!!:rolleyes: ..not until they TOWED it away on a flatbed..:p:

11. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I'm going with the lug nuts being backwards on the Dodge after changing out studs on my friends 68 Charger they are righty loosey lefty tighty.

12. gmcman7202

gmcman7202 1/2 ton status

its not with the camera.... i had a ole horse buggy and the wheels looked like they went backwards in real life... its something to do with optics and how we see the things move with the light..... not exactly sure though...

13. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Reverse studs huh? Have to check into that, interesting. Yes you can definately squeal on dirt. Not as good as pavement but you can get some squeal in the right dirt.

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yep they even have the R or L stamped into them
    but you don't notice it until you have broke a few off:doah: :whistle:

15. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Yeah, shifting all the time, that dirtbike must've been geared like a semi-truck.

16. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

In the pilot as they're being chased through Hazzard square you can see another general lee sitting in a parking space.You'de think they would've moved it.

17. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

all mopars built prior to 1975' (cars at least) had reverse threads on one side thats why it looked like they were comeing off twise...lol

LUKE
    i love the dukes

18. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

personally id like to talk to the construction manager in hazzard county... it seems like just about every bridge happens to be out.

19. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Interference and diffraction of light waves.

When two or more waves overlap, the rusultant displacement at any point and at any instant may be found by adding the instantanious displacements that would be produced at the point by the individual waves if each were present alone.

Rotational frequency

20. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I concur!!! :D