Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dukes of Hazzard

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, May 15, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

All I can say is "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
    "I think somethin' bounced up into my undercarriage"-Jessica Simpson

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

great, take something that was halfway decent, put some half assed actors in it, and run it into the ground. if it wasnt for Jessica Simpson and the Charger, i probably wouldnt go see it.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, its not like the original had good acting... I have no probs with the people in it, only question is will it suck or not.

j

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What's with the 01 on side in the opening of the trailer? Looks like it was painted on by my 4 year old...

I'd go see it, but I'm not in any rush, and I'm a HUGE Dukes fan. It looks like anything else that was great and then re-handled by hollywood... Just feels weird, like when they had Lance and ?? replace Bo and Luke that time... Kinda odd to see a late 60's charger being chased by '04 Interceptors, but I guess if the show was still running, that's how it would be.

I'm sure the original actors are going to enjoy the renewed interest in Dukes stuff.

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Half assed actors?? Sean William Scott has been in countless movies, Johnny Knoxville directed his movie, which while pointless and off color, was quite fun to watch, and it's directed by Jay Whatshisface from Super Troopers... Add burt Reynolds and Willie Nelson, you have yourself an all star cast.... Jessica Simpson is the one I'd be worried about ruining the movie, since she can't ****ing act...

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

shes a dumb blond bimbo... playing a dumb blond bimbo... does it matter if she can act? All she has to do is "be herself" and its all good right?

j

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well i go to go see it and if Jessica Simpson just looks good and wigels she would have dun her part the rest of the cast will pull it off :D

9. cfurtick

cfurtick Registered Member

......Just feels weird, like when they had Lance and ?? replace Bo and Luke that time......

That would be Vance and Coy. I am the king of useless knowledge :p:

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It just doesn't look right to see Stiffler driving the General Lee. And what's that on the roof of the car? I suprised that doesn't "offend" some people! :rolleyes:

11. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I was wondering about that myself. Being from Mississippi, which is the only state with the Confederate battle flag still in it's state flag, I love seeing that flag on the roof of that car. I'm sure that will be the subject of many talk shows and we will have to hear "both sides" (always wondered why EVERYTHING has two sides and not 3, 4, or more). Makes me sick to think about it. In those clips Bo and Luke just look goofy. Not like the originals at all. And yes, Jessica Simpson is hot but they should have gotten a brunette. Ok, those are my complaints, but I will still go see it. Mainly for the car.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's right, that's something else I was thinking, the characters don't seem true to the originals. They over-cornied them, while making them just like every other dumb young male character in a modern movie... Although, I like Sean William Scott, that dude cracks me up.

BTW, is there a Roscoe P Coltrain in this movie??? The Dukes ain't the Dukes if it ain't Roscoe P. Coltrain chasin 'em...

:haha: :haha: Thanks...

13. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

mmmmmmmmmmmm....Jessica Simpson....[​IMG]

14. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Did anyone else catch the blooper? :rolleyes::doah:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Jenna Jameson has been in countless movies too, that doenst mean she's a good actress. i havent seen anything from Knoxville that i like, consider where he came from... JACKASS... the name says it all.

16. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I knew the 01 didn't look right. It looks silly on the movie version, no wonder. As soon as I saw that opening shot in the trailer I thought, "That doesn't look right..." :thinking:

And what's up with the wheels?