Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dumb 14ff? and th400 ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nonesuch, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

what is the difference inbetween the 3/4 and 1 ton 14ff if there are any and is it possible to adapt a 2WD th400 to my 350/np241. the tranny came off a 454. i am aware of the weaker case but i need a trans soon and this one is rebuilt out of a wrecked truck for next to nothing!

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

The only difference between a 3/4 & 1 Ton 14B is that the spring perches and shock mounts are different, they are wider apart than on the 1 Ton. Can't help you with your trans question.

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

as for the trans question all you have to do is replace the output on the 400 and buy the addaptor plate for the t-case.
    it ends up being a lot of work, timewise. and you need to know a bit about a auto trans
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Get ahold of advance adapters for kit. Yea, plan on a day doing it, then another day figurin what you did wrong LOL

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

5. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

The difference between the 3/4 and 1 ton 14 bolts is that the 3/4 ton on is a semi floater and not as strong as the 1 ton 14 bolt full floater.

Adam

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, not quite.

The 14 full floater is available for BOTH 3/4 and 1 tons. And yes, the spring perches and shock mounts are in different locations than the other.

The semi-floater you are talking about did not come into production until '81, and ONLY on the 3/4 ton trucks.

So, in reality, the full floater 14 bolt for both the 3/4 and 1 tons are EXACTLY the same axle. Just the mounts and perches being different, thats all. The drums are also larger on the 1 tons.

<font color=blue>"Ya don't have to beat it, ya know!!!</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>