Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumb a$$ needs help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Blazer_Boy, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm not knowledgable about stereo componets, I'm usually playing around with the CB or my KCs. I have an old panasonic tape deck with the old style turn knobs, ya know like the factory ones. I hooked it up and there's no output from the front left speaker, everythings wired correctly and all the speakers in the truck work. I even swapped the front wiring and the opposite speaker didn't work so I know its the stereo. Anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sounds like you have a blown channel you could take it in to a stereo repair shop to have it fixed but i think it might be cheaper to just buy a new one lol

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

3. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

Yeah I agree....get a new deck cuz the old one isent worth fixing...!! Oh and Pioneer has a good line of shaft style stereos! if that's what it is

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Watch Ebay - You can usually pick up a new Kenwood or Pioneer shaft mount for no more than 50 bucks. Any given electronics repair outfit would probably charge you 60-70 to fix yours.

[​IMG]