Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumb fuse ?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Jan 29, 2003.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

In the wire that comes up from the starter to the block on the firewall...
    What size is the fuse that should be in that holder..
    The PO had just cut the fuse out and I am putting one back in and have had a fuse in there and started it and ran then I shut it off and the fuse was blown...I think the fuse is to small in the holder it is just a 10a what ya think....

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

If you are talking about the wire that starts at the battery cable connection on the starter and runs to the junction block on the firewall, it should not have a fuse in it. That circuit requires too much current draw for a fuse, it should have a "fusible link", they are available at part stores. It will look like a short piece of wire a few sizes smaller than the wire it is protecting, it will carry the current necessary for the circuit, but should a problem occur it will burn out before the heavier wire, saving the main harness from being damaged.