Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dumb hub question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by basketcase, Jul 2, 2005.

1. basketcase

basketcase Registered Member

while I had my hubs out today i noticed that the right side was full of mud and the little ball bearing cap on the outside was disintegrated. I'm guessing that means the hub is shot. can i replace my auto hubs with a set of warn lockouts? if i can is it a straight bolt in or do i need to make other changes?

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

yes you can use warn lockouts and no there are no mod's you need to do to install them. :thumb: :thumb:

Rick

3. basketcase

thanks, I had someone else say i could, but the source was questionable.
    p.s. remind me to check the torque on my lugs the next time my wheels are off. i just spent 2 hrs waiting for a tow because i'm an idiot!

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

That's not going to do you a whole lot of good. Try checking the torque when the wheels are on.:haha:

5. basketcase

everybody's a comic :haha: boy what a surprise that was, at least the wheel stayed on the hub and I was able to get off the road. Now if I only had a lug put the lug wrench back in the truck....