Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dumb newb ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87k10, Nov 8, 2005.

1. 87k10

87k10 Registered Member

sorry for the stupid ? but you got to start somewhere. how do i get the non snap ring u joints out? i tried looking for c clips on the inside but could not find them. i broke both u joints in front of the tcase.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Look harder. If the ujoint is an internal clip style, clean it really well and at the inside of the yoke ear you will see it. pry it out with a screwdriver(safety glasses). If you happen to have the nylon style, I just knock the caps out with a socket and a hammer.

3. 87k10

87k10 Registered Member

i feel really stupid cause i just got them out very easy. sorry for the dumb ?

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Go ahead and ask. This is CK5 not pir**e. We help each other here. When you put the ujoints back in, dont forget the clip on the side that goes on the axle. I had a driveshaft fall out while doing 70 mph 2 hours from home.

5. 87k10

87k10 Registered Member

i got the new ones in but the flange that attaches to my transfercase is pretty chewed up and it gets cought up where all the metal broke. besides that they went in fine.