Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumb painful stuff...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tRustyK5, Sep 11, 2002.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just dropped a complete 14 bolt carrier on my big toe...from about 3 feet up. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif The edge of the ring gear landed right on the 'knuckle' part of the toe.

I damn near puked it hurt so bad...I think it might be broken. Anyone else have some "damn-that-hurt" stories from working on your trucks? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Rene *limping*

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif i almost cut my finger off with a die-grinder lol i was trying to cut a piece off my tailpipe and it sliped and cut my finger i now have a notch in the bone of my finger lol

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Burned my forearm on my tailpipe when re-installing my hitch. That hurt like a bitch. Still got a mark /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Was replacing my knock sensor in my truck. Stupid me didnt listen to the technician that told me how to do it, so to make a long story short i had 120*+ water running all down my arm and gettin soaked up into my shirt. That hurt pretty bad.
    The one time when i was still in elementry school my friends and i were tryin to see how high we could jump my little sisters bike. Well i think i got the highest but F@wked up the landing and face planted into the concrete. Walked away with a big ass lip with a big ass scab from were my tooth went into my lip and a cracked tooth. Needless to say i never touched that bike again.

5. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ahh-man, I just deleted my broken toe pic too, bummer.

6. tRustyK5

Mine is rather colorful right now...and I never bruise. I just got it X-rayed and it is broken. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Work should be fun on Friday.../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Rene

7. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Way to go, dumbass /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Pics? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Dude- let it go, heal up in some-funky position and freak the chicks awt. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I might be able to find the pic again, ya' wanna see what it's going to look like?

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

A couple of weeks ago, I was putting together an axle cart, and right after I got done welding one side, I took my gloves off. I then needed to move the same piece and of course what did I do? I tried to move that piece barehanded. DOH!!!!!!!!

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

When I was learning to overhead weld in high school I was not whearing gloves and a big piece of slag driped on my thumb nail and burnt it off. I puked untill I dry heaved it hurt like nothing has ever hurt before.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

As Red Foreman says, "Dumb ass!" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I was breaking rivets on a frame once to get some hangers loose and was holding the chisel with my left hand. I had a good 3 or 5 lbs. short sledge in the other hand. I was holding the chisel to where my hand was propped on the corner of the frame and was doing ok getting a few hits to the chisel.
    Then it happened...I missed the chisel and smashed my thumb between the corner of the frame and the edge of the hammer. I shot straight up, turned around and walked into the house and asked to be driven to the E.R.
    Took x-rays and yep, broken. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Wore a brace (no cast) for about a month, less actually since the damn thing pissed me off as it was in the way all the time. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Thumb healed up eventually, but nowadays when I'm busting rivets, I hold the chisel with a pair of Vise-Grips instead. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. tRustyK5

I remember being dumb enough to wear my wedding ring at work. i was tacking an outrigger to the side of a trailer frame and was doing it without gloves. I had the wire speed a little too high and a liquid glob the size of a BB landed on my ring. The gold in the ring transferred the heat so quickly I couldn't get the ring off fast enough and a whole mess of skin came off with the ring...I managed not to puke but it was close./forums/images/icons/frown.gif The glob melted right through the ring/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Fingers and toes are so full of nerve endings...

Rene

13. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

ya i have a good one....installing the 203 box part of my doubler....thought i had it hanging safely on the splines..it rolled off the jack and onto my right arm pinning it to the floor...it landed on the inside of the elbow causing the veigns to blow up inside and turned the whole lower half of my arm blue within 5 minutes.....scared the he&& outa me..off to the ER i went....nothing broken...got lucky..then i was mad cause i couldnt finish installing the doubler that day ...called donimator for help a couple days later

14. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thats a clean 200 lbs of T-case sitting in there (or would that be "on" there)

15. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

drilling revets out of my rear hangers without safty goggles and got some metel in my eye. everytime the sun got in my eye it would water up and sting so bad i couldn't see. the piece was stick in my retna so i couldn't see it and when i closed my eyes my eyelids erritated it and made em water even more. after a couple of days hoping it would go away i had to go to the hospital to have it removed. they spray this stuff in your eye so you don't have to blink and go in there with the worlds smallest tweezers. so hard not to blink or flinch when you see a sharp object coming at your eye.

not as painfull as some of the above stories but fun non the less

also when bleeding my brakes i stuck my head over the front tire like a dummy and looked right at the bleeder as i loosened it. got en eye full. must have looked funny from accross the street as i hopped around like a maniac, blinded, trying to find the garden hose /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't ask, too many to list, too many scars to count, and too many times it could have been avoided /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

By the way, I hope your toe gets better.

17. tRustyK5

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Don't ask, too many to list, too many scars to count, and too many times it could have been avoided

[/ QUOTE ]
    Same here...it's just been a while for me. The X-ray tech was asking about the 10 or so inches of scar on my right foot as she was doing the X-ray...so I showed her the other 10" or so on the other side of my right foot./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Those were due to childhood surgery but if scars =character than I've got all the character I need!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

18. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    than I've got all the character I need!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. tRustyK5

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene