Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumb question about last week's Trucks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mattman, Jun 20, 2001.

1. mattman

mattman 1/2 ton status

Dumb question about last week\'s Trucks

OK, dumb question time. If on Trucks, they installed a non-stock configurable however T-case, why didn't they use a driver side front shaft model? That way they could have used a Ford/Dodge front D-60 which would probably be stronger than the hopped-up (and probably real expensive) 10 bolt. This is typically what they use when swapping a straight axle into an IFS model since that NP241 is on the "wrong" side. If I remember right, there is a year range that on the Dodge D-60, the spindle and stub shafts can be swapped out for Chevy parts, thereby maintaining Chevy bolt pattern. Just a curious observation.

90 GMC Jimmy, 350 TBI, 700R4, 32's
    84 Bronco II 204,000 miles and counting...........that's 206,000 and counting now<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by mattman on 06/20/01 08:01 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Re: Dumb question about last week\'s Trucks

The answer(drum roll) - those guys are idiots.
    I mean, they spent $$$$ on a hopped up 12-bolt when they could have bought a band new 14-bolt for half the cost. And they used new wheels, so lug pattern would not be an issue because they could have bought whatever they wanted.
    -- Mike

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

they just dont know how to build a big truck a TH700R4 an AII 10 bolt a D60 in back WTF!

with all that money and they could have got TH400 doubler 203/ford 205 a ford D60 and a 14 bolt

they sould have called ORD and talked to Steve

F_ck the whales Save CK5!!!!!!!!!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, with queer names like 'Mel Fair' and 'Stacy David', what can you expect from those 'back yard' mechanics?!?! [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, those are fruity names and I think the "grease" on their hands is just make-up [​IMG]

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "The longer you wait in line, the greater the liklihood that you are standing in the wrong line." [​IMG]

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Come on Wes. I'm sure that Blazer is plenty tough enough to haul around Stacey and Mel on their dates. lol Jeez, those are both girls names! If I could pick guys for a truck show, they would be named Bubba and Skeeter. lmao

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad