Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dumb question here

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Mar 4, 2002.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

What is the difference between a long block and a short block .350?? I was lloking for one for my 69 and the guy asked me which i needed. i've changed them before and never had this asked. is it something to do with how old it is? Or does it have to do with how long the stroke is? I know the differnce between 2 and 4 bolt main is that the same??

thanks again
    nathan

2. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

A short block is usually an assembled bottom end. Mine came with the block, crank, pistons, rods, bearings, cam bearings.....basically the block and the rotating assembly. A long block is a more complete motor with the heads and valvetrain installed too. The cam, timing set, push rods, rockers, valves ect are included. Usually the covers (valve, oil pan, timing) aren't included. The level of completeness varies with the builder. The next level is the turnkey motor with an intake, carb, ingnition, covers and most of the goodies required to make it run.

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Thanks for asking that "dumb" question. I was wondering too /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

no problem. hes right buy the way. i finally sucked up my pride and asked at advanced today. a long block is complete except for valve and timing covers, oilpan, intake , and carb

nathan