Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dumb Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Are Hummer beadlocks street legal? I live in TX if it matters. I doubt but you never know.

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

They do have DOT stampings, but also are stamped "for military use only" so :dunno:

Plenty of dudes here run 'em without any hassles.

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Mine have a DOT stamp, do Not say "military only" ( maybe cause they are 12 bolts which are available on civy hummers) and i have been pulled over a few dozen times since putting them on and never once has the 5-O said boo about them.

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

This hurts to say, but RaisedK5 has a point, even though he's "been pulled over a few dozen times."

Speaking as a 12 year "5-O" (8 chasing tail ligts) there are laws and there are regulations. DOT requirements are regulations. They are the way the Feds want things and the requirements that the manufacturing companies must adhere to. They do not affect local enforcement.

If a car or truck is not safe - game on. If it has an accident because of non-DOT approved installations - game on. If the bead locks loosen up and cause a tire loss on a highway, the driver/owner could be criminally liable for any injuries or damage - and yes game on.

As long as the car or truck is safe and sound, and there is not a specific state law prohibiting any item, no problem.

pulled over a few dozen times...Its like taking cooking advice from Jeffrey Dahmer:haha::doah::haha::doah::haha:j/k

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Thats funny, Its just cause i live in "The OC" and they dont know what to think of a dented, loud, none to pretty, 31 year old truck. Mostly its been seatbelt checks and mudflaps. But rectently CHP gave me a lift ticket. Seems they dont consider my "Station Wagon" with a 6300 GVWR a Truck. :haha: