Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dumb ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Jan 20, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well I steamed cleaned the motor and went to start it and no go (yes I did cover the dis and the carb I even double bagged them)took off the plug wires and cleaned them up and put them back on after cleaning now there is no spark and I got a pop back thru the carb with exhaust colored smoke... I think that no matter how careful I was I got water in the cap and just have to wait for it to dry but could there be anything that I could have over looked (yes I put the wires back on the way the book said) Any thoughts would be helpfull-thanks mike

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Take off the dist cap and make sure it's dry in there..... I'd check the ignition module....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    Stop Global Whining
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

hey steph thanks for the info but I forgot to say that it was a non hei ignition and ya It is dry so looks like I push it in the garage and make the switch to hei........

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

no spark but smoke?
    wd 40 has only one real use and that is it displaces water.
    if you are having a water prob blast the inside of the cap n rotor and points area w wd40 and it should fire, or wait til it air dries

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

ya I agree with the wd-40 statement, I just pulled one of the plug wires and checked that there was spark(screwdriver and the block) and there was thankyou very much for the suggestions keep them coming again thanks-mike

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

ttt-still wont,start anymore ???????????

7. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Are you getting ANYTHING when you try to start it now? I had a similar problem after I power-washed my engine but I wouldn't get any spark. Nothing at all. I figured it was a bad ground and sure enough, I had jarred a ground wire loose from the firewall. If this sounds at all familiar, make sure your ground wires are okay.

<font color=red>"THE HUMMER ON 'ROIDS COMING SOON!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

8. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

ya I pulled one of the plug wires and got spark there I tried to start it again and watched it split fuel out the carb (like a low sound pop) I am just dumbfounded check the stuff I touched so It must be something else I didn't touch......

9. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Just a thought, when I first got my Blazer and put a new cap on, I put the wires back on by the book and it wouldn't start. It turned out that the distributer was put in wrong. The firing order is the same, but the starting point on the cap was two clicks shifted. When I think about all the exhaust explosions, it still makes me laugh.

I'm just a rookie though.

Newbie, 73 Blazer project

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

for it to pop out the carb it is timing related
    recheck firing order and base timing, yeah you probably did all that already but K.I.S.S.

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

11. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey bob thanks for the idea It worked I just moved the plug wires one spot to the right counter clockwise and It fired right up thanks again, So now I have to circle the right firing order in the chilton'sagain thanks-mike

12. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Weeee Hooo, I actually had a suggestion that worked. It feels good to give back for all the good stuff you guys have all given me.

Newbie, 73 Blazer project